Do you ever regret something that you just did?
Well, I am confessing to you today. I just did something I regret.
This is why…
- It wasn’t anything that was feeding me positive thoughts even though I thought it was.
- It wasn’t anything that was going to take me from where I am to where I want to be.
- I wasn’t with a supportive group of people; I was alone
- I didn’t think about the long term impact of my actions
What did I just do that I regret?
I just ate five Hershey chocolate kisses.
Now that out of context is NO problem. After all, it was only five Hershey chocolate kisses.
But what you need to understand is that I have a physical coming up next week and I need to lose some weight so my doctor won’t fuss at me for putting on a few pounds this year.
I am so mad at myself for eating those Hershey chocolate kisses. If I were really going to eat something good, I would have chosen a Snickers! Maybe, then I would not have felt so bad!
Now, I either have to not eat for the rest of the day or I have to go walk about six miles and it is about18 degrees outside and I live in Georgia so it really is very cold weather that I am not used to.
Now, what I have to do as my Mom always told me, “You just got to put your big boy pants on and get over it!”
So, that’s what I am doing….messed up today, but hey that’s okay….as long as I don’t get the attitude, Well, I just messed up so it doesn’t matter and I might as well as eat the rest of the bag of chocolate!”
I need to get my head back on straight and do exactly what I know I should do.
That is “stay away from junk food and especially sweets. You see I am a junk food junkie and especially a sweetaholic!
I’ve always said it’s a good thing I don’t drink or I would be in trouble!
Then I got to thinking about how that is how so many people live their lives.
Doing or not doing something they will regret later.
Those Hershey kisses did nothing for me other than give me immediate gratification…then I was kicking myself because I knew it was an action I should not have taken.
What should I have done?
- I should have taken action that would have gotten me closer to what I wanted, (remember, I need to lose weight because I have a physical coming up and I don’t want my doctor fussing at me) so
- I could have gone to the health club and walked the treadmill or something that would take me the direction I wanted to go.
- I could have even chosen to eat something healthier that I could grab quickly. I have some bananas sitting on my counter right next to the Hershey kisses.
- I could have called up my sister and said “Talk to me so I don’t eat those Hershey kisses.”
The bottom line is that I chose the wrong action.
It was me.
No one made me eat those Hershey kisses.
Let me ask you, what is a goal that you have in your life right now?
You know one of my goals is also to make $100K within the next six months.
How am I going to do that.
Well, it’s all right here if you want to take a look.